Food is considered to be the third most important thing for human beings to spur development, stimulate growth, and maintain life after air and water.
It also plays a vital role in the promotion of health and prevention of diseases.
And its history and production are just as important as the role it plays in our bodies.
Interestingly, these also give way to some of the most peculiar facts it.
This brings us to an important question: how much do you know about the food that you eat? Where do you think your next meal is coming from? Who produces it? Is it actually good for you?
To keep you updated, we’ve put together a series of fun food facts trivia and answers that will blow your mind.
You might get many questions right, but we are certain that you won’t score 100%!
We have tried to mix up things a bit. Some of the answers to the trivia questions are intriguing, some are weird, and some are absolutely crazy.
From junk food, funny ingredients to healthy food spices, we have tried to cover a lot of facts in our trivia collection.
We hope that you will enjoy the food facts trivia as much as we did while crafting them.
Ready to try the trivia? Let’s begin!
- Which is the oldest soft drink?
- Where did French fries come from?
- Which is the most popular flavor in cakes
- What are the most expensive coffee beans?
- What dish is Texas best known for?
- What topping is most used on pizza?
- What is the most popular wine region in France?
- What flour makes taco crusts?
- What is the most popular wine in the USA?
- Which fast food outlet has the largest number of outlets around the world?
- What is the spiciest food at Wendy’s?
- What is the most popular frozen food at stores?
- How much caffeine is found in decaffeinated coffee?
- What is the highest eaten fast food in the USA?
- What is the name of the cheese that is eaten rotten?
- What is the name of the Ethiopian meat dish eaten raw?
- What is the dish where an octopus is eaten alive?
- What is the name of the most poisonous fish eaten in Japan?
- What is the most expensive food item in the world?
- What food can stay the longest without refrigeration?
- What poison can be found in potato tuber?
- What sea animals are best eaten raw?
- What was ketchup initially invented for?
- What fruit has the highest amount of Vitamin C?
- What is the hottest chili sauce?
Fun Food Facts Trivia Answers
- Which is the oldest soft drink?
Dr Pepper. It was invented in 1880
2. What is the name of the cheese that is eaten rotten?
CasuMartzu. CasuMartzu originated from Italy. It is consumed with live maggots crawling from it.
3. What is the name of the Ethiopian meat dish eaten raw?
Kitfo. Kitfo is made from minced raw beef that is marinated in a spice blend.
4. What is the dish where an octopus is eaten alive?
Sannakji. Sannakji is a live octopus cut into small pieces or served whole. People eat it while the arms are sucking, squirming, and grasping.
5. What is the name of the most poisonous fish eaten in Japan?
Fugu. Highly trained chefs must prepare fugu as it is more poisonous than cyanide.
6. What is the most expensive food item in the world?
White Pearl Albino Caviar. These are fish eggs from the rarer albino fish. They cost about $300,000 a kilo.
7. What food can stay the longest without refrigeration?
Honey. Pure honey does not support bacteria due to its low moisture environment.
8. What poison can be found in potato tuber?
Solanine. Solanine builds up in potatoes if exposed to light. Such potatoes tend to turn green.
9. What was ketchup initially invented for?
Medicine for digestion problems. Ketchup was first sold as medicine to treat ailments such as indigestion and diarrhea. It was even sold as tomato pills.
10. What fruit has the highest amount of Vitamin C
Kakadu Plums: Kakadu Plums have 5,300 mg Vitamin C per 100 grams. It has 100 times more vitamin C than oranges.
11. What is the hottest chili sauce?
Mad Dog 357 Plutonium No. 9: This sauce boasts 9 million Scoville Hotness Units (SHUs). It is about 1,800 times hotter than the jalapeno pepper.
12. Where did French fries come from?
Belgium. Belgians were the first to prepare French fries
13. Which is the most popular flavor in cakes?
Vanilla. Vanilla has a mild flavor and is less aromatic, making it good for various pastries.
14. What are the most expensive coffee beans?
Kopi luwak. This coffee is made from the partially digested beans plucked from the civet’s poop.
15. What dish is Texas best known for?
Barbecue. Texans are famous for their style of barbecuing steak and pork.
16. What topping is most used on pizza?
Pepperoni. Pepperoni is a cured dry sausage made from a mix of beef and pork.
17. What is the most popular wine region in France?
Bordeaux. Bordeaux is home to Cabernet Sauvignon and other great wine brands.
18. What flour makes taco crusts?
Wheat flour or cornmeal. Cornmeal is the traditional flour, while wheat is a recent adoption.
19. What is the most popular wine in the USA?
Red wine. Red wine is drunk by 69% of the wine-drinking adults.
20. Which fast food outlet has the largest number of outlets around the world?
Subway. Subway has 41,600 restaurants around the globe.
21. What is the spiciest food at Wendy’s?
Ghost pepper fries. These are fries topped with fresh jalapenos, warm cheddar sauce, and ghost pepper sauce.
22. What is the most popular frozen food at stores?
Peas. Most people store and buy frozen peas as opposed to fresh ones. They stay fresh for long in that state.
23. How much caffeine is found in decaffeinated coffee?
3%. Decaffeination removes around 97% of caffeine content in coffee
24. What is the highest eaten fast food in the USA?
French Fries. Americans eat 4.5 billion pounds of French fries in a year. Two billion pounds are sold in fast-food restaurants.
25. What sea animals are best eaten raw?
Oysters. Oysters are usually alive when being eaten. They only die few minutes after shucking them. Raw oysters have a better flavor and nutrients.
Have you enjoyed our fun food facts trivia and answers? There are many fun facts for you to learn about different types of food.
Share the trivia with friends and family and have fun with food.